All root vegetables may be used in this recipe. For optimal results, it is important to cook over low heat.
|1 tbsp||canola oil||15 mL|
|2||shallots, finely chopped||80 g|
|1 clove||garlic, minced|
|1/2||dried chili peppers, minced||0.4 g|
|4||chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cut into bite-size pieces||260 g|
|2 stalks||celery, diced||140 g|
|1||parsnips, diced||100 g|
|1||carrots, diced||100 g|
|1/3 cup||white wine||85 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Keep the serving dishes in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Prepare the vegetables: Finely chop the shallot and garlic; mince the chili pepper; peel the parsnip and carrot, then dice them; dice the celery.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over low heat. Add the shallot and garlic, then cook until translucent, 3-4 min. Remove them and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the chicken pieces and cook 2-3 min over low heat. Add the chili pepper and vegetables, then cook 2-3 min with stirring. Put the shallot and garlic back into the pan. Add the white wine.
- Cook, covered, over low heat, until the vegetables are soft, about 25 min, checking occasionally that the mixture stays moist. Add a little water if necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste then serve in the warmed dishes.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (260g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Calories, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C
- Good source of :
- Manganese, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin K
|Meat and Alternatives||2 ½|