|50||pitted dates, chopped||2 1/4 cups|
|1 cup||orange juice||250 mL|
|1 1/3 cup||margarine non-hydrogenated||300 g|
|1 cup||brown sugar, or sucanat (unrefined sugar)||200 g|
|3/4 cup||almonds, finely ground||100 g|
|200 g||quinoa flakes||2 cups|
Before you start
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F. Line the baking dish with parchment paper and grease the sides with a little margarine.
- Put the dates in a saucepan with the orange juice. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cook until the dates are softened, about 8 min. Remove from the heat and let cool down.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, cream the margarine with the brown sugar or sucanat using a mixer. Pulse the almonds in a food processor until finely ground, then add them to the mixture. Fold in the quinoa flakes and mix well.
- Put half of the mixture into the baking dish, spreading it evenly and pressing firmly. Put the dates on top of the mixture, then layer the remaining mixture over the dates.
- Bake in the middle of the oven until the topping is golden, about 30 min.
- Take the dish out of the oven and let it cool down completely (about 4 hours or overnight) before unmolding. Cut into 16 square pieces then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (80g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¾||serving|
|Grain Products :||½||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Niacin, Omega-3, Omega-6, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Magnesium, Vitamin A, Vitamin K
- Excellent source of :
- Manganese, Vitamin D, Vitamin E
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
email@example.com 07, 2015 | I would make this recipe again
Delicious but I round it vers greasy.Will try with less margarine net time