|1/2||yellow or red sweet peppers||100 g|
|1||red onions||150 g|
|12||mini-tomatoes (cherry, miniature or grape)||3/4 cup|
|8||button (white) mushrooms||110 g|
|4 tsp||olive oil||20 mL|
|1 clove||garlic, finely chopped|
Before you start
Metal skewers are needed for cooking.
- Preheat the outdoor grill or the broiler.
- Prepare the vegetables : Seed the peppers, then cut them into 2 cm squares; Cut the onions into small segments; Cut the zucchini into 1 cm thick rounds; Leave the mini-tomatoes whole; Leave the mushrooms whole if similar in size as the rest, otherwise, cut them in half. Put all the vegetable pieces in a bowl. Pour in the oil then mix them well. Alternate the vegetable pieces onto metal skewers.
- Put the skewers on a hot grill or under the broiler, then cook about 4 min per side, turning them once.
- Put all the vegetables back into the bowl. Stir in the garlic, season with salt to taste, then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (120g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Copper, Folacin, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin C
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
Leave a review
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
MilkyDayjune 29, 2014 | I would make this recipe again
This is awesome. You can change some of the veggies, depending on what's available. Very tasty and very few calories!