A flawless and effortless way to get a sweet, caramelized chicken. Make sure you use good quality Dijon and whole-grain (country-style) mustards to thicken the sauce.
|vegetable oil spray|
|1||onions, sliced||200 g|
|3 cloves||garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp||olive oil||30 mL|
|2 tbsp||honey||45 g|
|1/4 cup||Dijon mustard||65 mL|
|1 tbsp||whole-grain mustard||15 mL|
|1 tbsp||tomato paste||15 mL|
|1 tbsp||white vinegar||15 mL|
|1/2 cup||water||125 mL|
|1 sprig||rosemary, fresh, chopped||5 g|
|cayenne pepper||0.1 g|
|1 1/2||chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 2 cm pieces||460 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
A slow cooker is needed to make this recipe.
- Coat the ceramic cooking pot with cooking spray. Prepare the vegetables: Thinly slice the onion and mince the garlic.
- Heat half of the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic then sauté until softened and translucent, about 3 min. Transfer to the ceramic cooking pot. Add the remaining oil, honey, mustards, tomato paste, vinegar, water, rosemary, and a pinch of Cayenne pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir to coat it with the mixture. Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on 'low' for 7 h.
- Adjust the seasoning then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (180g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¾||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Calcium, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Phosphorus, Potassium
- Excellent source of :
- Niacin, Vitamin B6
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||3|