Fill up with vitamines with this colourful salad.
|2 1/2 cups||kale, tough stems discarded||200 g|
|2 tbsp||extra virgin olive oil||30 mL|
|1 tbsp||balsamic vinegar||15 mL|
|1 tsp||whole-grain mustard||5 mL|
|1||shallots, finely chopped||40 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water then bring to a boil. Add the kale and cook until just tender, about 3 min. Drain the kale and let cool slightly. Squeeze out any excess liquid then cut into large pieces and put into a salad bowl.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the peel and pith from the oranges then cut out the segments. Add the segments to the salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, add the oil, vinegar, mustard, and chopped shallot. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Beat well, using a fork, until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Pour it over the salad and toss, then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (140g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6
- Good source of :
- Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Leave a review
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
email@example.com 28, 2016 | I would make this recipe again
We like this salad but not as crazy about the mustard. Tend to just use a regular vinaigrette