A salad of green beans, potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes and olives.
|2/3 cup||green/snap beans||70 g|
|1||tomatoes, sliced||120 g|
|1/4||curly leaf lettuce||90 g|
|1||eggs size large|
|6||black olives||2 1/2 tbsp|
|45 mL||Classic Vinaigrette||3 tbsp|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Prepare the vegetables: wash the potatoes then let them whole, unpeeled; trim the ends of the green beans. Place the vegetables in a steamer basket or in a pot of salted water to either boil or steam until al dente, about 20 min. Let them cool down 10 min or longer, so they won't be so hot to handle. Cut the potatoes into slices, cut the beans into pieces.
- Boil the egg(s), cool them down immediately in cold water, then cut into quarters.
- Put all the vegetables in a salad bowl or serving plate. Add the tomatoes. Pour on the classic vinaigrette, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss well.
- Arrange the olives, salad leaves, and quartered egg(s) on top of the salad, then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (240g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Iron, Niacin, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin D, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Magnesium, Manganese, Pantothenic Acid, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||½|