Easy and quick to make, this couscous salad is the perfect snack before physical activity.
|1/4 cup||couscous, whole wheat||40 g|
|1 tsp||chicken stock powder||7 g|
|2 tbsp||evaporated milk powder||14 g|
|7||dried apricots||5 tbsp|
|3 tbsp||slivered almonds||12 g|
|1/4 cup||water||65 mL|
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and transfer to a plastic bag.
At the Rink:
- Transfer dry mix to a bowl or microwavable container. Add water and microwave on "High" for 1 min. The time will vary depending on your microwave and bowl, so you may need some trial-and-error testing to figure out how long it takes. Alternatively, add boiling water to the dry mixture.
- Let the couscous sit for 5 min then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (210g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||1 ½||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||½||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||½||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Cholesterol, Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Folacin, Iron, Manganese, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Magnesium, Niacin, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Vitamin E
- Diet-related health claims :
- Bone-healthy, Heart-healthy
|Milk and Alternatives||½|