|200 g||salmon fillet|
|2 tsp||olive oil||10 mL|
|3/4 cup||rice, long grain||140 g|
|2||eggs size large|
|1/3 cup||frozen peas||40 g|
|1 stalk||celery, finely diced||70 g|
|1||carrots, grated||100 g|
|1||green onions/scallions, finely chopped|
|3 tbsp||extra virgin olive oil||45 mL|
|4 tsp||lemon juice, freshly squeezed||1/2 lemon|
|1/4 cup||mayonnaise||65 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Preheat the oven to 215°C/425°F. Put the salmon on an oiled baking sheet and brush with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place in the middle of the oven and bake for about 10 min for a 2 to 2,5 cm thick fillet. Since the cooking time depends on the fillet thickness and the actual temperature of the oven, it is important to check with a fork to see if the fish is cooked through. Let it cool down for about 10 min, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice. Let stand in the refrigerator at least 1 h.
- Boil the eggs (10 min), cool them down immediately in cold water. Set aside.
- Cook the peas in a pot of salted boiling water, 3-4 min. Let cool and set aside.
- When ready to serve, prepare the vegetables : grate the carrots, dice the celery, and chop the green onions. Put them in a salad bowl, with the rice and peas. Drizzle with the extra virgin oil and lemon juice. Adjust the seasoning, then toss.
- Transfer the salad to a plate. Cut the salmon into pieces and quarter the eggs. Place them on top of the salad. Serve with mayo on the side.
Can be made ahead until step 3.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (240g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1||serving|
|Grain Products :||1||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Omega-3, Omega-6, Potassium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Pantothenic Acid
- Excellent source of :
- Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||1 ½|