Spaghetti with garlic and red chili pepper.
Probably Italy's easiest and most popular pasta dish, «spaghetti aglio, olio e peperoncino» is often made late in the evening and enjoyed among friends after an evening out at the movies, a play, etc.
|1 clove||garlic, crushed|
|1/2||dried chili peppers, minced||0.4 g|
|2 tbsp||olive oil||30 mL|
|2 tbsp||Parmesan cheese, grated [optional]||6 g|
Before you start
Keep the serving dishes in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve. Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked pasta so that it will be ready when needed.
- To save time, the sauce preparation and the pasta cooking can be done at the same time. Start cooking the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Sauté the garlic 2-3 min. Pay attention not to let it burn. Add the chili pepper. Add more for extra spiciness.
- Pour the drained spaghetti into the pan and add salt to taste. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan (optional), then serve in the warmed dishes.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (220g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||2 ¾||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Niacin, Phosphorus, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Magnesium, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Manganese, Selenium
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||0|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
sarah398march 04, 2010
I added chili pieces to the sauce mix instead of a part of a chili. Careful with the spice when you're first making it! :)