Chicken, peppers, and potatoes cooked in a curry-yogourt sauce.
Before you start
The chicken must be marinated overnight.
- Press the garlic, grate the ginger and put them in a bowl. Pour in the lime juice, then add salt and pepper. Separate the chicken drumsticks from the thighs and put all the pieces in the bowl. Rub the chicken with the marinade, then cover and let stand in the refrigerator overnight.
- Prepare the vegetables: finely chop the onion and cut the peppers into strips; peel the potatoes, then cut them into 1,5 cm cubes.
- Heat the oil in a sautépan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and sauté thoroughly on each side until golden-brown, about 8 min. Take the chicken pieces out of the pan and set them aside, keeping them warm on a plate in the oven.
- Lower the heat to medium, then add the onion and sauté 2-3 min, taking care not to let it burn. Add the peppers and cook 4-5 min until golden-brown. Mix the curry with a little bit of the yogurt and add it to the pan. Cook 2 min over low heat with constant stirring.
- Put the chicken back into the pan, then add the remaining yogurt and enough water to make the mixture moist. Cook over medium heat, uncovered, for about 15 min.
- Add the potatoes and brown sugar, cover and cook an additional 45-50 min until the potatoes are soft. Garnish with cilantro leaves (optional) then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (280g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1
- Good source of :
- Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Niacin, Potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C
|Milk and Alternatives||½|
|Meat and Alternatives||2|