This Indian recipe is beautifully scented and not piquant, which makes it a great hit with all my guests.
- Coarsely chop the shallot and garlic, grate the ginger, then place all in a blender or food processor. Add the coconut milk, cumin, turmeric, cloves, anise seeds, and black peppercorns. Split the cardamom pod open to extract the seeds: remove and discard the pod then add the seeds to the blender. Add one pinch of freshly grated nutmeg. Blend to a smooth paste.
- Make 3-4 diagonal cuts across each chicken breast. Arrange them in one layer in a shallow dish. Add half of the coconut mixture and toss well to coat the chicken evenly. Cover the dish and marinate for at least 30 min at room temperature, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cook the chicken on a medium grill for 12-15 min, turning once, until browned and thoroughly cooked. Alternatively, roast the chicken under a preheated broiler.
- Pour the remaining coconut mixture into a saucepan and bring to a boil, with occasional stirring. Adjust the seasoning (with the spiciness, you may not need to add any salt).
- Serve the chicken on individual plates with the sauce, garnish with chopped cilantro leaves (optional), then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (180g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||½||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Copper, Folacin, Pantothenic Acid, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium
- Excellent source of :
- Manganese, Niacin, Vitamin B6
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||3|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
MilkyDayjune 21, 2010 | I would make this recipe again