This very flavourful, moist, and firm meatloaf, is made in a small quantity, ideal for single cooks.
|1 clove||garlic, finely chopped|
|1/2 stalk||celery, finely chopped||35 g|
|1/2||carrots, finely chopped||50 g|
|1/2 tbsp||canola oil||8 mL|
|1 tbsp||Worcestershire sauce||15 mL|
|1/2 tbsp||apple cider vinegar||8 mL|
|1/2 tsp||salt||3 g|
|1/2 tsp||ground pepper||2 g|
|1/8 tsp||allspice powder||0.4 g|
|7||pitted prunes, finely chopped||4 tbsp|
|1 tbsp||Parsley and Garlic Base||15 mL|
|1||eggs size large|
|460 g||ground beef, extra-lean|
|1/3 cup||bread crumbs||45 g|
|2 tbsp||milk, partly skimmed, 2%||30 mL|
Before you start
A food processor would make things easier to chop the vegetables and prunes.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F. Lightly oil a 30 x 11 x 7 cm baking pan.
- Prepare the vegetables: Finely chop the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, then add the vegetables and sauté 5 min, with occasional stirring. Add a little salt, cover, then lower the heat. Cook 5 min.
- Take the pan off the heat, then add the Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper, and allspice. Finely chop the prunes then add them to the pan. Stir in the Parsley and Garlic base then mix well.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs lightly, using a fork, then add the beef, bread crumbs, and milk. Mix well, then incorporate the vegetable mixture. Using your hands, blend the mixture together until it is just combined well (do not over-mix). Put the preparation into the oiled baking pan.
- Cook in the middle of the oven 40 min to 1 h until a thermometer inserted into the centre of the meatloaf registers 68°C/155°F. Let the meatloaf stand 5-10 min before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (170g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¾||serving|
|Grain Products :||½||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Magnesium, Manganese, Pantothenic Acid, Selenium, Vitamin D, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Iron, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6
- Excellent source of :
- Niacin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Milk and Alternatives||0|
|Meat and Alternatives||3|