Happy New Year of the Dragon!
Originally published in the Journal de Montréal on January 21, 2012.
According to Chinese tradition, when the Dragon is master, all the demons go into hiding. That’s why the Year of the Dragon is generally happy and prosperous, and many couples want to have children during this year.
What’s more, when the element water is present, as in 2012, this also symbolizes strength and flexibility. The year 2012 will therefore be under the aegis of endurance, flexibility and open mindedness. Nurture your taste for action and your ability to cooperate, and you will achieve your goals.
But beware, because everything that is glorious can also turn out to be fleeting and illusory in the year of Dragon, and so you should rely upon your common sense and patience. Happy New Year of the Dragon!
Try one of these Year of the Dragon recipes:
- Chicken Chow Mein
- Chinese-Style Beef with Snow Peas
- Chinese-Style Chicken with Snow Peas
- Five-Spice Ribs
- Oriental Beef and Vegetable Soup
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- “FODMAP Diet” Wins the DUX 2017 Contest – January 30, 2017
- What’s Happening with the Price of your Shopping Basket? – January 16, 2017
- How to Cook the Perfect Turkey in a Few Simple Steps – December 18, 2016