Simple ways to stick to your resolutions
Many of us begin the year with good resolutions, the most common one being linked to shedding those extra kilos we put on during the holiday season … or the whole year 😉
In most cases, excess weight does not exceed 10 kg. You can lose these 10 kg by burning 80,000 calories. This seems enormous at first, but actually, it works out to only 220 calories per day over a year.
In other words, you have to only eat 220 calories less per day, or burn them through exercise, or do a combination of both.
The good news is that it’s not difficult to knock off a few kilos here and there… Here are some tips to help you get into shape:
- Have two large poached eggs (150 cal) instead of fried eggs with 1 tbsp of butter (250 cal).
- Eat a slice of bread (100 cal) instead of a croissant (250 cal).
- Enjoy an English muffin (110 cal) in place of a bagel (250 cal).
- Replace two large slices of pork bacon (225 cal) with 2 thin slices of turkey bacon (135 cal).
- Add 4 tbsp of whole milk (60 cal) in your coffee, instead of 4 tbsp of light cream (230 cal).
- Tuck into 85 g of ham (130 cal), instead of a fully loaded hamburger (275 cal).
- Have a baked potato (135 cal) or a normal plate of French fries (210 cal) instead of a huge portion of fries (540 cal).
- Ditch your cola (150 cal) for a glass of water (0 cal).
- Substitute 250 ml of orange sorbet (250 cal) with 2 large plain oranges (120 cal).
- Swap a 100 g bag of chips (500 cal) for 15 almonds and a banana (190 cal).
- Use a non-stick pan to reduce the amount of oil in stir-fries from 2 tbsp of oil (240 cal) to 1 tbsp (120 cal).
- Remove the visible fat from a 100 g steak (100 cal).
- Substitute the 170 g beef tenderloin (400 cal) on the grill with a 170 g fatty fish steak (310 cal). This way, you’ll also get more omega-3!
- Instead of drinking two 125 ml glasses of red wine (200 cal), just have one (100 cal).
- End your meal with 3 dry biscuits (70 cal) instead of five vanilla cookies (190 cal).
BTW, an effective way to stick to your resolutions is to subscribe to our Meal Plans for Smart Weight Loss 😉
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- How to Cook the Perfect Turkey in a Few Simple Steps – December 18, 2016
- Duck Festival – September 18, 2016
- SOSCuisine at Specialty Food & Gluten Free Expo 2016 – September 14, 2016