Stroke warning signs
Stroke is a medical emergency, immediately recognizing and responding to its warning signs can significantly improve survival and recovery.
This is the reason why the Heart and Stroke Foundation has launched a new awareness campaign, called “It’s time to have the S-TALK“.
We are pleased to partner with the Heart and Stroke Foundation to help spread the world about the warning signs of stroke. Here they are:
- Weakness – Sudden loss of strength or sudden numbness in the face, arm or leg, even if temporary.
- Headache – Sudden severe and unusual headache
- Trouble speaking – Sudden difficulty speaking or understanding or sudden confusion, even if temporary.
- Dizziness – Sudden loss of balance, especially with any of the above signs.
- Vision problems – Sudden trouble with vision, even if temporary.
Call 9-1-1 or your local emergency number if you or anyone you know experiences these signs of stroke.
Do you want to avoid strokes ? Put the odds in your favor by moving more and eating better. We can definitely help you with the latter, because our ‘Heart Healthy’ Meal Plans make it a no-brainer to follow all applicable dietary recommendations!
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- 20 Years of the Expo Manger Santé – February 23, 2017
- “FODMAP Diet” Wins the DUX 2017 Contest – January 30, 2017
- What’s Happening with the Price of your Shopping Basket? – January 16, 2017