3 tips to keep you hydrated during the Montreal half-marathon
It’s going to be hot at the Montreal half marathon this week-end. Be aware runners of the risk of dehydration and heat exhaustion! To be able to run at your best this Sunday, us, Sports Dietitians, advise you to do those 3 things.
- Hydrate properly on Saturday throughout the day, for example take sips of water every two hours, and make sure that your urine stays clear colored.
- Start your race day off right by drinking a glass of water when you wake up, and then take sips of water every 30 minutes, but be careful not to drink too much because that can be dangerous and cause hyponatremia.
- Last but not the least, during your race, make sure to drink a beverage that contains sodium. No need to run to the store, it is very easy to make a homemade sport drink with 3 simple ingredients: juice, water and salt.
Latest posts by Pearle Nerenberg (see all)
- 3 tips to keep you hydrated during the Montreal half-marathon – September 22, 2017
- Sports Product Review: Beet-It Sport Bars – April 23, 2017
- 6 Steps for a Healthy Off-Season Nutrition Plan – April 19, 2017