The text of the notification
Lunch at work or at school doesn’t need to be dull or unhealthy — it just takes some planning.
1. Make sure to include at least one serving each of the 4 food groups: Vegetables and fruits; Grain products; Milk and alternatives; Meat and alternatives.
2. Keep it colourful: The more colours – natural, of course! – in your lunch, the healthier it is: include at least one fruit and fresh veggies or a salad with a healthy dip/seasoning on the side.
3. Make a better sandwich: Use low-fat cold cuts (turkey or chicken breast); use sardine, mackerel, tuna, hard-boiled egg, peanut butter; replace the mayo with hummus; fill your sandwich with fresh veggies; toss out your white sliced bread and use whole-grain sandwich bread, a pita or a tortilla for wraps.
4. Add a soup: Replace your cream-based soup with a broth-based version (homemade if possible, so it will have less salt) that includes for example beans, lentils, chickpeas.
6. Don’t forget to drink: Stay clear of sodas or sugary fruit drinks. Water is the best choice; add a few drops of lemon, lime or orange juice to your water if you find it dull.
7. If you subscribe to one of our menus, you will always have good lunch ideas.