A healthy heart for your Valentine
February is the month of the heart, during which there’s a lot of public awareness about cardiovascular diseases that are lying in wait for many of us.
Here are the most important health tips that you should take to heart:
- Move around regularly (for example, walk for at least 30 minutes every day);
- Don’t smoke;
- Maintain or reduce your weight;
- Adopt healthy food habits that highlight fruits and vegetables, whole grain cereals, low-fat milk products, poultry, fish, nuts and soy products. Consumption of red meat, fats, sugar and salt should be kept to a minimum.
This is not at all complicated with the help of SOS Cuisine, which takes care of your heart all year long, especially through the new ‘Heart Healthy’ menu.
So this week, in honour of Saint Valentine, feast on the following five festive meals that should be shared with the person whose heart beats for you!
- Chicken “Saltimbocca”
- “Gravad Lax”
- Filet Mignon and Asparagus with a Gorgonzola Sauce
- Penne with Duck Confit
- Prune-Stuffed Pork Fillet
Originally published in the Journal de Montréal on February 11, 2011.
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- You are all invited to the Expo Manger Santé 2019 – March 1, 2019
- Shirataki/Konjac: Noodles with Zero Calories – February 27, 2019
- Spelt, a Forgotten Grain That Is Becoming Trendy Again – January 3, 2019