An army of bees makes whisky sweeter
To promote the launch of its “Highlander Honey”, Scotch whisky maker Dewar’s got together with a sculptor/engineer and a beekeeper, and placed 80,000 bees inside a bottle-shaped vessel that mimicked their normal hive setup.
After six weeks, the bees had formed a natural honeycomb sculpture inside, in a back-to-nature “3-B” process 😉 and the distiller put it all on video for us to watch in amazement.
I have not yet tried the honey-whisky, but am totally mesmerized by this video. Enjoy!
Try some of our recipes that feature honey:
- Chipotle-Honey Pork Tenderloin [slow cooker]
- Duck Breast with Honey and Spices
- Grilled Salmon with Honey
- Plum and Pear Compote with Honey
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- Spelt, a Forgotten Grain That Is Becoming Trendy Again – January 3, 2019
- Nutritional Yeast, a Yeast That’s… Good to Eat? – October 30, 2018
- 5 Alternatives To Coffee – September 24, 2018