Photo: Pixabay, ©

Beware of Scented Candles

December 15, 2011 , ,

Cinnamon apple or pumpkin spice scented candles may evoke the holiday season for some, but for others, these airborne fragrances trigger allergy symptoms — from runny, itchy noses and sneezing, to asthma attacks.
Healthy Meal Plans from SOSCuisine
A study presented at the latest annual meeting of the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI) provided evidence that many room deodorizers and scented candles emit potentially dangerous VOCs, or Volatile Organic Compounds, which are chemicals that exist as gas or vapor at room temperature. These include formaldehyde, petroleum distillates, limonene, alcohol and esters.

Good old times beeswax candles don’t cause any of those problems. Beeswax candles can be on the expensive side – at least in comparison to “regular” paraffin candles. But beeswax actually burns slower, so you’ll get more for your money than if you opted for the cheaper versions. Plus, the potential for better respiratory health is well worth the few extra cents.


Cinzia Cuneo
Cinzia Cuneo, founder of, never wanted to neglect the quality of her food. She shares her special expertise to make good food quickly and without complications!

One comment to “Beware of Scented Candles”

December 29, 2011 Candles by Mia Bella said:

You’ve got great insights about Candles, keep up the good work!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This website uses cookies to give the best user experience, monitor the site performance, offer social networks features, or display advertisements. By clicking "ACCEPT", you consent to the use of cookies in accordance to our privacy policy.