Breakfast is really important…
We already know that skipping breakfast is bad for weight, but now an American study reveals another repercussion:
Researchers followed 26,902 men aged between 45 and 82, and working in the field of health, for this study that lasted from 1992 to 2008.
The findings reveal that men who don’t have breakfast have 27% more risk of heart attack or death from coronary heart disease. Even after allowing for diet, physical activity, smoking and other lifestyle-related factors, this association persists! In France, 15% of adults skip breakfast: it gives one food for thought…
5 tips from of Virginie Bales:
What to eat for a healthy and complete breakfast?
- Proteins and fats: you’ll find them in eggs, ham, sausages, cheese…
- A little bread (with butter but no jam) preferably sourdough and wholewheat (to lower the glycemic index)
- A drink to hydrate you
- A crunchy fruit for vitamins and minerals.
- Try to avoid sugar products in the morning; the body doesn’t know how to use them properly at that hour.
If you find it difficult to eat as soon as you get up, carry your breakfast with you to eat a little later in the morning, but avoid picking up a croissant on the way…
Latest posts byVirginie Bales (see all)
- Breakfast is really important… – September 4, 2015
- Eating organic food reduces your exposure to pesticides by 90% – September 18, 2014
- Protect children from childhood obesity: drink water! – September 16, 2014