Fill up with vitamin C
The citrus fruit season is in full swing. We all know that they are an excellent source of vitamin C. However, given that vitamin C quickly turns sour on coming into contact with air, it is better to squeeze your orange, grapefruit, or lemon then consume the juice right away. Even better still, eat the fruit, as the fibres are also good for us.
Please note that brightly coloured fruits and vegetables, uncooked, contain the most vitamin C: red sweet pepper, citrus, cantaloupe, raspberry, strawberry, broccoli, tomato, etc.
You can rest assured that the SOS Cuisine menus provide you with more than the daily recommended intake of vitamin C. So you can relish your food without any worries!
A few of our recipes that feature citrus:
- Carrot Soup with Orange and Ginger
- Chicken and Peppers in a Tangy Sauce
- Fennel and Orange Salad
- Orange-flavoured Clam and Fish Soup
- Spinach and Mushroom Salad
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- Muesli and Granola: Do You Know the Difference? – July 23, 2017
- Fruits and vegetables: which one should we buy organic? – June 14, 2017
- SOSCuisine Supports Walk for Alzheimer’s – May 23, 2017