SOS Tips: Smart grocery shopping
With a bit of organization, some resourcefulness and some basic knowledge about cooking, you’ll see that it is actually possible to eat well and healthy without putting stress on your wallet!
1. Plan your grocery shopping at home, with the help of flyers
- First of all, you should check the contents of your fridge and in your pantry, to avoid wasting food.
- Keeping in mind what you already have at home and what is featured in the flyer specials, prepare a detailed list of what you need to buy for the week.
If you make the most of the specials listed in the flyers, you can save up to 30% on your bill. But for that, you would have to go to several grocery stores. If you limit yourself to 1 or 2 grocery stores, you can still save between 15 to 20% (on average) on your bill.
So, if your weekly grocery bill works out to around $300/week for a family of 4, you can easily save $50/week using the flyer specials, that is, if you plan well in advance.
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- Spelt, a Forgotten Grain That Is Becoming Trendy Again – January 3, 2019
- Nutritional Yeast, a Yeast That’s… Good to Eat? – October 30, 2018
- 5 Alternatives To Coffee – September 24, 2018