Tasty recipes for the holiday season
Today, I’d like to recommend some versatile dishes that are not only suitable for everyday meals but can also take the place of honour in a special holiday meal. In fact, where is it written that we have to spend hours behind the stove during the holiday season?
If you ask me, it’s better to recharge one’s batteries, without having to let go of delicious, simple and quick dishes, selected according to the seasonal availability of fresh ingredients and the specials advertised in the flyers of the main food retailers.
It’s simply a question of using some slightly more sophisticated and festive ingredients. Apart from that, the formula always remains the same: a bit of planning, a bit of preparation, some love… and there you have it!
So here’s wishing all of you very tasty holidays!
Try this holiday-themed menu this week:
- Monday: Grilled Scallops with Fennel and Lime Butter
- Tuesday: Slow-cooked Roast Leg of Lamb
- Wednesday: Filet Mignon with a Mustard Sauce
- Thursday: Shrimp, Tomato, and Basil Pasta
- Friday: Chicken in a Puff Pastry Shell
Originally published in the Journal de Montréal on December 2, 2007.
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- You are all invited to the Expo Manger Santé 2019 – March 1, 2019
- Shirataki/Konjac: Noodles with Zero Calories – February 27, 2019
- Spelt, a Forgotten Grain That Is Becoming Trendy Again – January 3, 2019