Tips for eating healthy during the holidays
It’s hard to stick eating healthy during the holidays — fattening and rich holiday food is part of almost every celebration.
Even so, you can still avoid holiday weight gain by making some smart choices, without depriving yourself:
- Consider eating a healthy snack before the party, so you’re not starving when you get there and can avoid over-indulging.
- Or arrive fashionably late: without as much time near the buffet table, you’ll eat less.
- Try toasting the holiday season with a glass of wine — about 100 calories — instead of a mixed drink. Stay clear of cocktails because they have so many calorie-filled ingredients that the calories can really add up. If you are the designated driver or just want to skip the alcohol, opt for sparkling water with a twist of lime or lemon zest.
- Wait at least 10 minutes before you go back to the holiday buffet for a second helping — after waiting a few minutes, you might even decide to pass on the seconds.
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- Spelt, a Forgotten Grain That Is Becoming Trendy Again – January 3, 2019
- Nutritional Yeast, a Yeast That’s… Good to Eat? – October 30, 2018
- 5 Alternatives To Coffee – September 24, 2018