No, this isn’t a hoax: scientists at Cambridge University have developed a chocolate that reduces wrinkles and rejuvenates the skin.
A 7.5 g piece of “Esthechoc” contains the same amount of antioxidant astaxanthin as a salmon fillet, and the same amount of polyphenols as 100 g of dark chocolate.
Lab tests have revealed visible results already after only four weeks. According to the inventor, Dr. Ivan Petyaev, this product can transform the skin of a 50 to 60-year-old to make it look around 30 years younger. And what’s more, each bar of “Esthechoc” contains only 38 kcal, so there’s no fear of putting on weight…
The catch is that this chocolate will only grace the shelves of high-end retailers, and that too, at an exorbitant price. More details will be available in the next “Food Summit Global Innovation”, which will be held in London on March 2 and 3.
Till then, let’s console ourselves with a few of our own recipes that showcase chocolate.
- English-Style Chocolate Pudding
- Tofu Chocolate Mousse
- Melt-in-Your-Mouth Chocolate Cakes
- Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate Sauce
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- You are all invited to the Expo Manger Santé 2019 – March 1, 2019
- Shirataki/Konjac: Noodles with Zero Calories – February 27, 2019
- Spelt, a Forgotten Grain That Is Becoming Trendy Again – January 3, 2019