Mug cake: the latest trend
Mug cakes are all the rage now. This recipe can be made directly in a mug and baked in a microwave oven, and the best part is, it takes next to no time to prepare and there’s hardly any washing up, to boot!
The idea of having a sweet or savoury cake that’s ready in a jiffy is certainly very appetizing, but it doesn’t always turn out the way it should, because the texture is often spongy and the cake dries up very quickly once it comes out of the oven.
So here are some tips for a better baking experience:
- Choose the right cup, one that is not only microwave-safe but also large enough to allow the cake to rise without overflowing during baking.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly until all the lumps have dissolved.
- Experiment with your oven as each microwave is different. So it’s better to try out several batches by tweaking the baking period each time, because an overcooked cake is a flop.
- Place a paper towel under the mug to absorb any dough that may overflow.
- Remove the cake from the oven, taking care not to burn yourself, and eat it right away as it dries up quickly.
And finally, here’s my recipe for eggless chocolate cake to get the best texture.
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- You are all invited to the Expo Manger Santé 2019 – March 1, 2019
- Shirataki/Konjac: Noodles with Zero Calories – February 27, 2019
- Spelt, a Forgotten Grain That Is Becoming Trendy Again – January 3, 2019