SOSCuisine’s Sugar shack outing
It’s sugar season, here in Quebec. In March and April, the snow is still on the ground, but it’s warmer during the day. It is during this time that maple sap is harvested and concentrated to give us that delicious product called maple syrup. It’s also the time to visit our maple groves and fill up with sugar in a sugar shack.
This year at SOSCuisine we decided to enjoy this classic Canadian outdoor as a group and organized an outing with our families. After stuffing one’s face with the traditional fare of Split Pea Soup, omelettes, ham and pig’s ears, and dancing to folk music, we finished the experience by a memorable battle of snowballs. We loved the experience!
Try some of our recipes that feature maple syrup:
- Berry, Maple & Yogurt Parfait
- Brined Salmon with Maple Syrup
- Maple-Glazed Roast Turkey
- Maple-glazed Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
- Pear Compote with Maple Syrup and Spices
Latest posts by Cinzia Cuneo (see all)
- You are all invited to the Expo Manger Santé 2019 – March 1, 2019
- Shirataki/Konjac: Noodles with Zero Calories – February 27, 2019
- Spelt, a Forgotten Grain That Is Becoming Trendy Again – January 3, 2019